An MRI Installation is probably the toughest imaging modality to install and there are many issues and obstacles to be aware of.Â Here are just a few things to be aware of.
- Plan and plan again!Â One of the top pitfalls particularly for a first-time buyer, is lack of planning. MRI systems take specific power, shielding, cooling, architectural support, and other important planning factors.
- Choose the right contractor.Â Choose a contractor that has medical experience.Â MRI build-outs are different from anything else a contractor has probably done.Â If you must choose a contractor with little or no medical experience, make sure your equipment provider is the best (Crest qualifies here) so he can provide consulting and guidance.
- Be prepared for the unexpected!Â Construction delays, unforeseen equipment failure, etc..
- Make sure all local permits and zoning requirements are fully understood by all contractors.
- Plan a larger space than you think you need.Â Leave room for future expansion.Â You may not want a CT today, but you may need one tomorrow!
- Choose an equipment provider that can do the entire job…Turn-Key.Â The less subcontractors you have to deal with, the smoother the job will be.